- 1 cup lentils, dried
- 3 cups water
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin, ground
- 1½ tsp onion powder
- 1½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp coriander, ground
- ¼ tsp basil, dried
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
- 1½ cups spinach, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ small sweet pepper, chopped
- ½ stalk celery, chopped
- ½ cup chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp thyme, fresh
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup oat flakes
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (or substitute no-stick cooking spray if preferred)
- 1. Sort lentils and place in saucepan with water, dry seasonings, and salt (if using).
- 2. Bring to boil and then simmer until peas are soft and most of water has been absorbed (around 40 minutes).
- 3. Remove from heat and partially crush peas.
- 4. Add chopped spinach and other fresh seasonings.
- 5. Fold in breadcrumbs and oats and allow mixture to cool enough to handle.
- 6. Grease 9”x14” baking sheet with oil.
- 7. Using a ½ cup measuring cup to scoop mixture. Shape into patties and place on baking sheet. Makes 8 patties. Turn each pattie once so that both sides are coated with oil.
- 8. Bake at 400°C for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Click Here for Nutrition Facts
If you have a favourite healthy recipe that you would like to share, please email it to us and we will add it to our recipe section – and if you have a photo, please include that as well.