Eyesight and Hearing
Age oftentimes affect eyesight and hearing.
Things you can do to Promote Eye and Ear Health
- Regular doctor checkups – follow your doctor’s advice about glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids and other corrective devices.
- Wear sunglasses or a wide-brimmed hat when you’re outdoors
- Use earplugs when you’re around loud machinery or other loud noises
As aging takes place the gums might pull back from the teeth. Certain medications, such as those that treat allergies, asthma, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, can cause dry mouth, making the teeth and gums vulnerable to decay and infection.
Things you can do to Promote Oral Health
- Brush and floss daily – brush teeth twice a day, and clean between your teeth using dental floss once a day, preferably before going to bed.
- Regular dental checkups – visit your dentist or dental hygienist twice a year.