Aging oftentimes mean the skin becomes less elastic and more fragile, with the fatty tissue just below the skin decreasing and bruising happening more easily. Dry skin may also become problematic as there is decreased production of natural oils. Wrinkles, age spots and small growths called skin tags are also more common.
Things you can do to Promote Healthy Skin
- Be gentle to your skin
- Bathe or shower in warm water, not hot
- Use mild soap
- Moisturize after each bath and as often as needed
- Take precautions when you’re outdoors
- Use sunscreen
- Wear protective clothing
- Check our skin regularly and report changes to your doctor.
- Don’t smoke – smoking contributes to skin damage, such as wrinkling.
If you smoke or use other tobacco products, ask your doctor to help you quit